Thursday, July 17, 2008

GURUPOORNIMA CELEBRATIONS 2008

The Mandolin when played by Ramesh Narayanji completely swept me off my feet. You can catch it live tomorrow at Hotel Pankaj, Statue, Trivandrum. I don't know about the mandolin but definitely his vocals!! I guess you need to be lucky to hear him practice it. So effortless and also does some moves whilst playing it. I will also be singing for the programme and eminent artists like Shri. Dakshinamoorthy Swamy and Shri. Soorya Krishnamoorthy are also going to grace the occasion with their presence. The 13th Gurupoornima Celebrations have it's origin in the gurukula style of education practised in ancient India.It is an occasion when the students display the entire skill mastered during that year from their Poojya Guruji.The day is believed to be of great significance for pupils of any discipline. The programme will be commencing at 9:30 AM and will conclude by 9 PM. Lunch and dinner will be provided there itself. So please do make it for the programme and fyi my khayal is in raag Bhairav which is a morning raaga and hence will be performing in the morning. Ramesh Narayanji himself will be doing a vocal concert and many of his senior students will also be rendering some exciting dhuns. I need all your best wishes and blessings :D

5 comments:

Unknown said...

All the best, Perform well!

Ajnabi said...

Good luck for your performance..

i will wait for audio/video of this performances.

Cheers..!!

Neha Nair said...

Thanks Ramesh

Thanks ajnabi . Don't know if I'll be able to upload the video.. but will surely get the pics. Stay tuned!

asdasdsadsad said...

hi neha this is saikumar
i took time to read u r blog
few of the articles what u have posted are really heart touching and make others to think for a while ...
perfect and bingo all the best and keep posting /..i want u to follow my blog aswell if u find anything intrested plzz provide me with feed back /..

asdasdsadsad said...

hi neha this is saikumar
i took time to read u r blog
few of the articles what u have posted are really heart touching and make others to think for a while ...
perfect and bingo all the best and keep posting /..i want u to follow my blog aswell if u find anything intrested plzz provide me with feed back /..
http://mambosambosk.blogspot.com/