Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cookin' it up

The last two days have been quite groggy and sullen cos of my sis's operation. I got off my morning classes and rushed to a flower shop in Palayam to get some fresh flowers for my sick girl. Got a dozen red roses and was on my way to the hospital. Dad picked me up and we lunched together at some place where I had nearly lost my appetite. But it is way too boring to be emphasized on for an exciting evening I was looking forward to. Grabbed the roses and got an 'red carpet' entry at KIMS *tee hee*... ok ok... not with cameras and snapshots and fans with their autograph books but yes with an hospital entrance which had a red colour carpet :) I entered room 530 only to realize that she is in the Surgery ICU. During the visiting hours ,dad was the only person allowed to see her after which mom was also given her turn. So since the point was clear dad dropped me back and I thought of trying my hand in cooking. I don't know if I have imbibed culinary skills, if any from my kith and kin but I looooove cooking. I made dosas. Not just a dosa but one shaped like a teddy bear and another one like a turtle. Mom used to make it that way so that I eat it for the sake of the shape. I was quite fussy back then. So recollecting some of those maida designs ,I switched on the gas and god knows what happened after that but thankfully something similiar to a teddy bear was produced. The more I made ,the better it shaped and the more it burnt. Not good at balancing things. Toooooo much to concentrate! Shape, thickness, texture, whether well cooked... too many. Just too many. Somehow my niece and nephew managed to gulp it down and infact asked for more :D We ended the cooking session with double omelettes and lime juices. Oh to add more fun to all this we had it in the presence of an emergency light cos of no current. Oh! and I burnt...not exactly.. kind of burnt my index finger thrice at the same spot. Now that's something only I can accomplish. And my aunt who I guess was enlightening the dark night with her jokes ,was saying something about starting a thattukada somewhere near and I could make animal shaped dosas and my cousin could do the omelettes and the rest could do blah blah.. Ok...tomorrow is strike and I need to reach the hospital by 4:30 am soo... ZZzzzzzzzzz

Have uploaded MINSARAKANNA in my Video Blog...do Check it out HERE.

4 comments:

Vishnu Visakh S said...

tattukadaaa...is a gud option...hi hi hi :P

u know what...

these tattukadaas earn more than rs.2000 a day..as profit....

njanum tudangiyaaalo ennaalochikkukaaaa

dont forget abt me...when u start one.... :P

and for ur sis...

"GET WELL SOON....."

Neha Nair said...

Thanks vishnu... even I am thinking of starting one btw

VIKAS PLAKKOT said...

Good thing that you can cook atleast something! :) .. Bst of lck
Hope sis is good

Neha Nair said...

not exactly 'cook'! ;P... sis is fine, thanks.