Sunday, March 9, 2008

A busy week. Beginned with the AIKKTAN last sunday.It was all of a sudden.I and my parents were in the midst of doing a lot of incomplete work. And since dad was leaving to Oman the next day, he had to get them done asap.On the way he just met up with Vidyadharan master who offered me 2 songs for the award night.The main singers were Chitra Iyer and Afsal.I was completely nervous and unprepared. Everything was fine until I was asked to sing Minsarakanna (Padayappa) by the orchestra head.I was so unprepared , besides I was only fluent with the female portion and I was asked to sing it solo :)Well with God's grace I got my friend to mail me the lyrics in english which helped me a lot !! With 3 hours left for the show to begin, I was frantically learning yeh mera dil , the second song given to me.Then whatever happened after that was like a roller coaster ride. Freshened up-put on some war paint-got the file which contained the lyrics and ran to Nishagandhi auditorium, near the museum.It was really humid initially but later on cooled down.After a couple of songs by Chitra and Afsal, it was my turn.The show was covered by Jeevan but I have no clue when it will be telecasted.And some of the pics of the show have been uploaded in Snapshots.

Then I had to catch up with a lot of college work since my exams are approaching. And as march has marched in, it speaks of a season of exams and a lot of celebrations like , my very close friend celebrated her b'day on the 8th and so was Women's day.And as usual we got to see the dark side of this world showing women doing labour work which earns them low wages. They even had a footage done on a woman who was 'ditched' by her husband after she gave birth to her baby.Women's Day ofcourse beginned by wishing my friend and after that wishing all the womenfolk at my place, of which I didn't receive any back.But hey, no doubts.. I am a woman!

Today, Sunday, as usual , just boring.Was fiddling with my lappy when I met this friend of mine online who decided to enhance the A.R.Rahman community. We are planning to do more of social service and a lot of shows .The community is centered at Trivandrum.We are also holding a meeting this sunday. All are ofcourse invited. Interested members can mail me at nehasasi@hotmail.com ..I am in search of a good name for this club. Do suggest some !!

This evening I attended the Dreams'08 concert at Nishagandhi ,Kanakakunnu. Amazing. With Sreenivasan as the celebrity guest we had surprise guests like Unni Menon and Chitra Iyer too along with a couple of the reality show singers. Shradha, one of the Amrita Superdancer finalists did an amazing job. And Sreenivasan stole the show wid this 'pallavi only' session.. kinda unplugged which included numbers like ethreyo janmamayi , kaisi hai ye. Minsarakanna was his master piece and the OOo Lalala was superlative! Totally!! I had to leave the place by nine, so couldn't catch up with the rest. Hoping to perform with these biggies some day :)

No comments: