Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ve-forgot-land?

It all started at the dining where all of us were recollecting those wonderfull family trip memories. The discussion commenced with me sharing the Veega Land experience with all of them present there. And then the next obvious discussion was where was the next picnic destination to be planned. I've been to Essel World just once when I was really young..and the agony that clawed me cos of inadmissable to most of the biggie rides made me want to go there once more. So while I was persuading my mum about going to Essel World again...my aunty happened to ask which one is the best amusement park in India. According to my knowledge I said that Veega Land is the best in the South and Essel World in the North. Then suddenly recollecting my geography, I made a correction saying that the latter is in the South.. so that makes it the best in India and the former, second. Then started the hot arguements among me and my aunties. The debate was whether Maharastra forms the Northern or the southern part of India. But I felt I had learnt something like the state being a part of South India though it is mistook by a lot of people of it being a Northern part cos of the Bollywood and so on. I would want to know if Maharastra forms the Southern part or the Northern part of India. I felt it would be wiser if I got genuine comments than googling it.

4 comments:

Vishnu Visakh S said...

oooopzzzzzz.............

i am also gettin confuseddd....

Villain said...

IMHO, the last time i checked it was on the west, thats neither north or south...

i too have gotten into this debate with a couple of my friends back in the day though.. if the 2 choices were just north and south, we concluded that bombay is north enough, since they speak hindi... none of the dravidian languages. marati is basically an aryan language and script derives from devanagri. so i would say north...

Neha Nair said...

But doesn't it form a part of the Peninsula geographically?? Forget the language and customs. It's lies so precisely in the South. I don't know how the doubt arises.

WritingsForLife said...

ummm I wish I could help but I have never been to india :-(