Thursday, June 19, 2008

Catching up on some old stuff

Busy with some preparations for the Guruvayur Katcheri, I am also trying to catch up on some reading and painting. I read Five Point Someone by Chetan Bhagat. A must read. Quite funny and for a change it's something not too technical though the background is .You get to read a lot of indian terms like 'paranthas' which made my mouth water. It's almost 4 years old but I could read it only now. Now I am onto his second book - A Night at the Call centre. Apparently they are going to make a movie out of the two.At some places I felt he writes like me :D...see now that shows I've got good sense of humour (Actually I am confident that Chetan is not going to read this). Good going Chetan!

I was just picking some stuff from Big Bazar and finally I got what I was searching for since ages.A Painting book. I am just an amateur in this and thought of starting with small painting books where I can learn how to paint within the given borders. The first one was my niece's book. I actually promised to teach her how to paint but finally ended up teaching myself. I was so engrossed that I got restless when the book got over and had nothing to paint on. I went to many stores but they all had only colouring books or blank ones for us to draw our creations. But finally this time I got this Hanuman Paint book where they have pictures of the cartoon 'Return of Hanuman' for tracing and then painting. Got some brand new paint and will start whenever time permits. I feel like a baby now. And I am totally not ashamed of writing this :) As for my photography, I left my camera in my sister's bag and now it's in B'lore. So I guess the photos which I will take from here on will lack quality coz I'll be taking it with my N73. I forgot to watch my 'Food for thought' on News X. Sheesh! My first talk about Food on TV and I missed it :( :( :(

BTW the Guruvayur katcheri is on the 20th .My slot will begin by 6 p.m. So if you are around ,do make it.

7 comments:

VIKAS PLAKKOT said...

Hey, I dont think its bad at all to be going back to the childhood and trying to practice painting.
It isnt easy that someone who can sing so well, go so many places to do shows , keep in touch with friends, read books in the meanwhile and then attend college, Clear urself from shitty issues :)
and then try a hand at painting.

All i have to do is finish my engineering and I cant do even that in a proper way !!

So CHEERS! hats off...

Neha Nair said...

Thanks :) I used to paint a lot...but it just faded away like how dance did from my life. And now I am trying to revive it.

VIKAS PLAKKOT said...

Now u wer good @ dance too? Dont tell me!!! God givs so much of talents to one person and gives nothing to poor folks lyk me :(

Neha Nair said...

Ya I've learnt dance for eight years and infact I used to dance better than singing until High school. Your always a pessimist..so you like ignoring your qualities.

VIKAS PLAKKOT said...

nothing lyk a pessimstic.. obviousness.. I know wat am..
I dont hav xtra qualities re..

Neha Nair said...

Forget extras..be proud of what you have been blessed with already.. !

VIKAS PLAKKOT said...

okay man! :)