Tuesday, June 17, 2008

DXB?

It is frustrating to memorize silly abbreviations for small words. I was chatting with my friend and she was telling me that her boyfriend is in DXB now. I was like what is dxb? Can't think of any place that has a 'd', 'x' and a 'b' in it's name. DXB is apparently the short form of Dubai. Since I had to ask her which place she meant by that silly abbreviation she typed... she was amazed that I did'nt know that. It's totally meaningless and doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know why the creator made such an abbreviation. There was a time when I didn't know what 'lol' was. It's apparently 'uncool' to not use this lang especially when your in a cool party with the hunks gaping at you. Wotevaaa...... who am I to say!.. I am no one to comment on the World of Web Lang.

12 comments:

Aneesh said...

Yah, very true. I also have to use google a lot when I started chatting :), but, we'll get used to it.

g-man said...

lol! i 'lol' a lot. have done that ever since i figured out what it stood for. i also rofl and lmao and a whole lot of other things :D

dxb isn't net slang. that's what airlines refer to dubai as

VIKAS PLAKKOT said...

dxb isnt a chat acronym.. Its just the name of the domain and the airport code. So, u neednt be disgusted about not knowing it. its just a part of world knowledge.

I lol a lot... I thnk its the best way to laugh.. :).. I rarely use the ones other than this.

N-zy said...

i dont know any of them.cud anyone please share some of them.may be g-man cud help

g-man said...

lol ok

lol - laughin out loud
rofl - rollin on d floor laughing
lmao - laughin my ass off

:D

Villain said...

its the airport code

Neha Nair said...

Ok.... Forgive me!!!!! I didn't know it was the airport code! But does it really matter?? I still get irritated when I hear abbreviations that make no sense to me. Why an 'x'? Anyways... thanks for the extra knowledge g-man.

VIKAS PLAKKOT said...

The X cos There could be many other places DB... So they put an alphabet which could distinctively stand out.

AK said...

its like the sms lingo.....its so weird when you are new to it and even before you realise, you <3 it.

if los angeles can be LAX, dubai can be DBX :-)

Neha Nair said...

ok for once.. is it DXB OR DBX?

VIKAS PLAKKOT said...

i had commented.dunno if ya chckd.. anyways..its DXB..
and LA is LAX only...

Neha Nair said...

Weird. This language is weird.